Sunspace Modular Enclosures has a current vacancy for a
Product Development Engineer
Responsibilities of the Product Develoment Engineer
- Support development of new products and processes to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded while delivering on Sunspace’s principle of leading the market we service, to the benefit of our dealers and their customers.
- Designing new products and product improvements to meet business needs.
- Participate/lead product evaluation pilot and testing activities
- Developing new and improved materials and technologies in collaboration with suppliers and customers, while ensuring proper safety testing and clearance.
- Developing new test methods to better predict and understand product performance.
- Proposing, executing and interpreting consumer use studies using outside market research organizations.
- Leading trial activities, documenting results, conclusions and proposing recommended actions to Management.
- Conduct market analysis, bench mark competition and recommend product strategies optimized for growth. Understand market trends and provide internal updates
- Executing projects in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner, and contributing to the growth of the team and department
The Product Development Engineer will possess:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association;
- Researching, brainstorming and executing mechanical design concepts in all phases of the development cycle
- 7+ years of experience developing and implementing new products.
- strong multi-disciplinary skills and a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience with Design Software (AutoCad and Solidworks)
- Experience is a manufacturing environment
Quality/Continuous Improvement Engineer
Responsibilities of the Quality/Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Perform Non-conformance investigations and ensure root causes are correctly identified and that initial Corrective Actions and long-term Preventative Actions are documented, proposed to the business and tracked to completion.
- Drive adherence to Quality Management Systems through communication, training, auditing and leading quality projects/initiatives
- Establish and perform Special Process documentation and audits for Sunspace’s processes
- Review and act upon customer complaints, and project and quality performance issues
- Participate in Six Sigma (MPC), 5S, and Lean Manufacturing quality improvement initiatives
- Generate and control cost of quality data
- Develop flexible or integrated manufacturing systems and procedures
- Design and conduct time studies and work simplification programs;
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels and optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Conduct studies on the reliability and performance of plant facilities
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
The Quality/Continuous Improvement Engineer worker will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Must have 5+ years in a Quality Engineering role in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent investigation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- LEAN and Six Sigma experience is preferred
Sunroom and other Seasonal Product Manufacturing Workers
Responsibilities of the Sunroom/Seasonal Product Manufacturing Worker
- Assist in the manufacturing/production of sunrooms and other seasonal products
- Work as a team in a designated department
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures ensuring a safe working environment
The Sunroom/Seasonal Product Manufacturing worker will possess:
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Experience in a production/manufacturing/warehouse environment in an asset
- Experience using hand and Power Tools is an asset
- Loading / Unload trucks
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Communicates well with other
- Strives for 100% accuracy in the performance of job
- Pulls merchandise accurately according to the packaging slip
- Assists with loading merchandise onto trucks
- Works with employees to keep the floor and work areas in warehouse clean and safe
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Experience: 1- 2 Years of shipping & receiving
- High School Diploma
- English – both written and oral
- Must be physically able to move packages up to 40 to 50 lbs
- Must be proficient with computers and shipping system
- Must be able to work under extremely tight shipping deadlines
- High degree of problem solving, planning, and organizing skills required.
- Must be punctual
Benefits of Working at Sunspace Modular Enclosures as a Sunroom/Seasonal Product Manufacturing Worker
• Opportunity for growth
• Working in a Team Focused atmosphere
• Health and Dental and Life/LTD Benefits
• Annual bonuses
Please apply online or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org