Starts in 4 Days, 8 Hours
January 20, 2021 8:00 am
COVID-19 Community Improvement Plan Seminar
Please join the Municipality of Clarington to learn about Clarington’s new COVID-19 Community Improvement Plan!
January 20, 2021
8am – 9am
This session will include:
- An overview of Clarington’s COVID-19 CIP Program and the grant funding opportunities available;
- A discussion about the types of improvement and adaptation projects that are eligible for funding;
- A summary of the eligibility and means test criteria businesses are required to meet to qualify for grant funding under the Program;
- An overview of the CIP Grant application process; and
- An opportunity to ask questions about the Program.
Panel of Speakers:
Faye Langmaid, Acting Director of Planning and Development Services, Municipality of Clarington
Sarah Allin, Planner, Municipality of Clarington
Andrew Payne, Planner, Municipality of Clarington
Clarington Council approved a COVID-19 Community Improvement Plan (CIP) that will assist qualifying businesses with the costs of physical improvements required to safely operate amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications are now being accepted.
The COVID-19 CIP includes grant funding programs for a variety of safety measures, including plexiglass barriers to protect staff and customers, signage to encourage spacing, and realignment of displays and work areas to allow for distancing. Qualifying businesses will have to meet certain eligibility criteria and meet a financial means test.
Businesses that may qualify for the COVID-19 CIP include:
- Retail stores, food services, art and entertainment services, personal care services, and registered medical practitioners such as massage therapists and chiropractors.
Businesses who do not qualify for funding under the COVID-19 CIP include:
- Any business deemed essential that remained open during the pandemic: grocery stores, drug stores, doctors’ offices, or national/international franchises and chain corporations
Please visit Clarington’s COVID-19 Financial Support webpage to check out the COVID-19 CIP Info Sheet for a summary of the program requirements or read the COVID-19 CIP document for full eligibility and program details.
The COVID-19 CIP Application Form is available online.
For more information, questions regarding the COVID-19 CIP programs or to apply, please contact Sarah Allin in the Municipality of Clarington’s Planning and Development Services Department at [email protected].